At Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport we provide the service and efficiency your shipping operations demand -- outstanding cargo facilities, congestion-free air space, a wide selection of commercial carriers, U.S. Customs service, and a location in easy reach of major U.S. markets as well as the entire Caribbean basin. Find out how we can help your business express itself, too. Call Birmingham Airport Authority at 205-595-0533.
Some of the many reasons to consider Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport for your cargo transportation needs:
- Expansion of cargo area underway!
- Available space in current 50,000 square feet, eight-bay cargo building
- Convenient accessibility to all international markets
- Port of Entry for US Customs
- Foreign Trade zone near airport
- Refrigerated storage for perishable cargo
- In-bond storage for commercial carriers
- 24-hour airport operation
- Uncongested airspace
- Broad selection of commercial air carriers for connections
- Broad selection of professional freight forwarders and custom house brokers
- Express and courier services available at airport
- Excellent aircraft service and support facilities including major aircraft refurbishing company
- Ground handling companies located at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport for your special operating needs
- Most active state urban FTZ
- Major distribution center and transportation hub for regional and national companies
- Strong medical healthcare end biotechnology industries
- Excellent location for global operations
- Seven-county metro area with population of more than one million.
- Well-diversified business center
- Birmingham's business climate was named second-best among all U.S. major markets by Southern Business and Development Magazine.
- Close proximity to 3 major interstates and 2 major highways
- Excellent truck & rail service
- 2 of nations leading FBO's
Map to Air Cargo Facility